How To Resist Temptation
Learn how to resist temptation
now — before it’s too late!
You’ve no doubt taken steps to ensure your safety — and your family’s — from various kinds of worldly calamities. But if you haven’t made sure you’re properly on guard against temptations, you’re setting yourself up for a spiritual disaster of immense proportions. No matter how devoted to Christ you are, temptations are going to come to you. That’s why How to Resist Temptation is essential reading for every serious Catholic.
The author, Fr. Francis J. Remler, C.M., helps you prepare yourself so that, when temptations begin to assail your soul, you’ll be ready. Learn from Father’s experience Fr. Remler gives you the benefit of his expertise as a confessor and shepherd of souls, as he shows you how to identify and guard against common misunderstandings of what temptation really is and what it is not — misunderstandings that can paralyze your spiritual growth. He details ways you can recognize the elements of temptation — and be on guard against often-unrecognized causes of individual temptations. He reveals how you can keep the memories of your past sins from troubling and tempting you now, and clarifies why God allows temptation to exist in the first place. He even explores the role of the demonic in day-to-day temptations — with firm faith in God’s power.
A marvelously encouraging and optimistic book, How to Resist Temptation even contains useful directions on how you can — believe it or not — actually benefit from temptation, and how you can learn from others’ examples as you fight against temptation. So the next time the siren song of temptation starts to sound in your ears, don’t try to tough out the struggle alone — call on God’s ever-plentiful grace, and go to battle against sin armed with the wisdom of How to Resist Temptation!
- What you can do to guard against temptations when their causes are out of your control
- The essential virtue that temptations foster in your soul — when you resist them
- How your patient endurance of temptations can become a source of deep and abiding joy for you
- One thing you can do daily that will make your temptations lose their force over your soul — it’s surprisingly easy
- Why it’s so important for you to avoid even thinking about your past sins — unless you want to give temptation a new foothold in your soul
- Occasions of sin: how you should deal with them when you go to Confession
- An important and relatively easy way you can begin to make up for your sins of the past
- What you should do if you’re afraid that you aren’t resisting temptations firmly enough
- St. Catherine of Siena, St. Vincent de Paul, St. Mary of Egypt, and other holy souls: how they resisted even the most virulent temptations
Plus much, much more from an experienced priest who knows the human heart — and how to direct it away from temptations and toward God!
“Gives us practical help in learning how to respond to God’s grace and overcome the world in Christ.”
Author, The Transforming Power of Virtue
“Anyone who is serious about growing in the spiritual life, particularly any Catholic, could benefit from reading this book.”
Most Rev. Thomas G. Doran,
Bishop of Rockford, Illinois
“A great encouragement to those striving to do God’s will.”
Fr. Francis Randolph,
Author, Pardon and Peace: A Sinner’s Guide to Confession
“Temptation is the drama of the human soul that ends either in tragedy or in glory. Fr. Remler understands the significance of this drama, carefully delineates the dramatis personae, wisely dissects the plot, and rushes to the rescue with spiritual allies and sensible solutions.”
Author, The Heart of Virtue
Free shipping is available on all orders of $80.00 or more.
Discounts available for Guild members
Members of the Guild of St. Peter ad Vincula are entitled to a 20% discount on all titles